GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Publisher and management
The champagne-mooc.com website is:
- edited by the Comité Interprofessionnel du Vin de Champagne (CIVC, or Comité Champagne), located at 5 Rue Henri-Martin – CS 30 135 - 51204 Epernay – France, Tel +33 (0)3 26 51 19 30
- managed by VARIABLE - THE MOOC AGENCY, located at 4 Rue de Rambervillers, 75012 Paris - France - Phone: + 33 (0)1 77 01 18 91
- hosted by OVH – located at 2 rue Kellermann, 59100 Roubaix – France – Phone: +33 (0) 9 72 10 10 07
2. Conditions relating to the use of the site
The use of this site is subject to the general terms and conditions presented here. By entering the site, you signal your acceptance of these general terms and conditions.
The Comité Champagne reserves the right to change these general terms and conditions at any time.
2.1 CREATION OF AN ACCOUNT, ID, PASSWORD, EMAIL ADDRESS
When creating an account, the trainee undertakes to provide true information corresponding to their his/her particular circumstances and to update that information on a regular basis.
The trainee undertakes to create no false identity.
It is the trainee’s responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of those identities and passwords that give access to the courses provided on line by the Comité Champagne.
The trainee is likewise responsible for the use of the email account (email address) that they he/she provided when setting up the account on the champagne-mooc.com website. The trainee will take careensure that no third party uses this email address to communicate with the Comité Champagne.
If the trainee’s identity and/or password are lost or stolen, or if the trainee has reason to believe that a third party has accessed their account, then the trainee undertakes to notify the Comité Champagne via the contact form.
2.2 AUTHORISED/UNAUTHORISED USES
The champagne-mooc.com site can only be used for the purposes specified in Section 3.1 below.
As trainee, you must:
- use the services of the champagne-mooc.com site exclusively for those the purposes for which those services are offered to you;
- maintain the confidentiality of your identity and password, and never communicate them to any third party, whatever your connection with that third party might be;
- only enter accurate information;
- update the information that relates to you on a regular basis;
- abide by the rules in force.
- create a database for promotional purposes (promotional campaigns based on unsolicited offers, products or services by telephone, fax, letters or newsletters) or for other purposes;
- post illegal or inappropriate material on line (such as political or religious opinions, morally offensive material, etc)
- record and/or distribute by any means all or part of the content of the on-line courses in which you participate, at risk of legal action.
- publish or give access to the replies to exercises, in whatever medium.
2.3 ILLEGAL CONTENT
The trainee is legally liable for the information that he uploads to the champagne-mooc.com website, notably content that constitutes an incitement to crime, offences or acts of terrorism, an incitement to hate or discrimination, or an attack on an individual’s reputation or peace of mind. Such offences are subject to fines up to 100 000 € and seven years’ imprisonment (Articles 23 to 41-1 of the law of 29 July 1881 regarding press freedom, and Article 421-2-5 of the penal code).
The forums relating to each course are moderated a posteriori; moderation may give rise to the suppression of a trainee’s account, irrespective without prejudice to anyof possible legal action, in cases where the Comité Champagne considers that illegal content has been placed on line.
2.5 ON-LINE SECURITY
The Comité Champagne declares that to the best of its ability, the champagne-mooc.com website and its content are free of any virus, malware, or trojansTrojans of which the Comité Champagne is aware.
2.6 APPLICABLE LAW
These general terms and conditions are to be interpreted under French law. Any dispute regarding their interpretation and/or their application shall be subject to the exclusive authority of the French courts. Where different translations invite different interpretations, the French version shall prevail.
2.7 TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
A recent internet browser is recommended for consulting the champagne-mooc.com website
3. Data protection and liberties
The champagne-mooc.com website is an on-line communication/training service that allows internet users to pursue extensive on-line courses whose principal objective is the presentation of Champagne: its history, terroir, production, the variety of the wines and their tasting.
3.2 OBLIGATORY INFORMATION
The obligatory information that is required when an account is opened is indicated by an asterisk (*). If this information is not provided, the service cannot be used.
In particular, the opening of an account allows internet users to receive messages relative to their enrollmentenrolment, to the operation of the forum and the various groups/pages dedicated to trainees on social networks, for notices of new courses on line, for the sending of a satisfaction survey questionnaire, and for the sending of a newsletter announcing a variety of professional events (masterclasses, trade shows, etc) as well as the sending of certificates of course attendance and results.
3.3 THE GATHERING AND PROCESSING OF DATA
In line with the provisions of Article 5 of European Regulation 2016/679, the following principles apply to the collection and processing of data provided by the site’s trainees:
- Lawfulness, fairness and transparency: the data can only be collected and used with the consent of the trainee.
- Restricted purpose: the gathering and processing of the data is confined to the purpose of the the internet site specified above.
- Minimising the gathering and processing of data: only data necessary to the effective performance of the site’s declared objectives is collected;
- Data kept only for a limited period: data is kept for a period of 36 months from the last log in, unless the trainee asks for the data to be deleted earlier (see Article 2-7);
- Accuracy and confidentiality in the gathering and processing of the data: the person responsible for processing the data undertakes to guarantee the accuracy and confidentiality of the data gathered.
- The trainee has expressly agreed to its use;
- The use of the data is necessary for the effective execution of a contract;
- The use is justified for the protection of vital interests, of the person concerned or another individual;
- The use is justified by a necessity linked to some public objective, or the fulfilment of the duties of some public authority;
- The gathering and processing of personal data is necessary for the objectives of legitimate and private interests pursued by the person responsible for the processing of the data or a third party.
3.4 THE HOSTING OF DATA
As noted above, the champagne-mooc.com site is hosted by OVH
The data collected and processed by the site is exclusively hosted and processed in France.
3.5 RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE PROCESSING OF DATA, AND DATA RECIPIENTS
The recipients of personal data held on the champagne-mooc.com site are the Comité Champagne, responsible for data processing, and those bodies that are legally and contractually connected to the Comité Champagne, notably The MOOC Agency.
3.6 THE RIGHTS OF THE TRAINEE AND HOW THOSE RIGHTS ARE EXERCISED
In line with the data protection act, you are entitled to exercise your right of opposition, access, modification, correction or suppression of data relating to you by contacting the data protection officer at one of the following addresses : email@example.com; or DPO du Comité Champagne 5 Rue Henri Martin CS 30135 – 51 204 Epernay Cedex .
This consent is taken to be valid for a period no greater than 13 (thirteen) months. At the end of this period, the site will again seek the authorisation of the trainee for the recording of cookie files on the trainee’s hard drive.
3.7.2. When the trainee rejects the site’s use of “cookies”The trainee can always configure his web browser to prevent the saving of these cookie files.
If the trainee chooses to deactivate cookie files, he can continue his navigation of the site. The site’s publisher cannot however be held responsible for any malfunction of the site that may be provoked by this manipulation.
3.7.3. The types of “cookie” file used by the siteThe site’s publisher draws the trainee’s attention to the following cookies that are used in the course of navigation:
- Technical cookies
The trainee should be aware that third party cookie files may be saved in the course of navigation.
Also that the site features social network buttons that allow the trainee to share their activity on the site. Cookie files from these social networks are therefore liable to be saved on the trainee’s computer when the trainee uses these features.
The trainee should be aware that these sites operate their own privacy policies, with terms and conditions that may differ from those presented here. The publisher of this site recommends that trainees consult the confidentiality policies of these other sites.
The Comité Champagne accepts no responsibility for losses of any kind, direct or indirect, that may arise from the use of the champagne-mooc.com site, nor for any inability to access the champagne-mooc.com site that the trainee may experience.
5. Intellectual property
The champagne-mooc.com internet site is protected by provisions relating to authors’ rights as defined in Article L.111-1 of the intellectual property code and by the provisions relating to databases as defined in Articles L.341-1 and following provisions of the same code. All intellectual property rights relating to the elements of which the site is composed are the property of the Comité Champagne. Subject to exceptions cited in Article L.122-5 of the intellectual property code, any representation, reproduction or distribution of material from the site, in whole or in part, in any medium, without the prior express authority of the Comité Champagne, is an act of counterfeiting in the terms of Articles L.335-2 and L.335.3 of the same code.
Furthermore, any representation, reproduction or distribution, in whole or in part, of the Comité Champagne identity, in whatever medium, without the prior express authority of the Comité Champagne, is an act of counterfeiting in the terms of Articles L.521-10 of the same code.